As you all know, making a death certificate has been made mandatory in India. After the death of every citizen of India, this certificate will have to be made by the family of the deceased. To get the certificate, the family of the deceased has to apply. This certificate can be made both online and offline. Today we are going to provide you all the important information related to the Death Certificate application through this article of ours. Like what is a death certificate? Its benefits, purpose, features, eligibility, important documents, application process etc. So friends, if you want to get complete information related to the Death Certificate online application, then you are requested to read this article till the end.
Death Certificate Online Apply
A Death Certificate is a government document. Which is issued to the relatives of the deceased. In this certificate, information about the cause, date, etc. of the deceased’s death is available. It is compulsory to make this certificate for citizens of every religion. Through this certificate the assets of the deceased can be handed over to the nominee. Apart from this, this certificate is also mandatory for claiming insurance. Death certificate is to be made within 21 days of death. If the family of the deceased has not made the certificate within 21 days, then they have to pay the fine. For registering the death, the family of the deceased has to pay a fixed fee. This fee has been set differently for different states.
Key Highlights Of Death Certificate
|Name of the scheme||Death certificate online application|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of India|
|Objective||Apply for obtaining Death Certificate|
Benefits and Features of Death Certificate
- Death Certificate is a very important government document.
- This certificate is issued to the relatives of the deceased.
- Information about the cause, date, etc. of the deceased’s death is available in the certificate.
- Now the death certificate has been made mandatory by the government.
- Citizens of every religion will now have to get this certificate.
- Through this certificate, the assets of the deceased can be handed over to the nominee, insurance can be claimed, government schemes can be availed.
- Death registration has to be done within 21 days of death.
- If the family of the deceased has not registered the death within 21 days, then they have to pay the fine.
- To register the death, the family of the deceased has to pay a specified fee.
- This fee varies for different states.
- To get this certificate, you can apply both online and offline.
Required Document and Eligibility Criteria For Death Certificate
- The applicant should be a relative of the deceased.
- Ration card of the deceased
- Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Application letter
- Passport size photo of the deceased
Procedure for Applying Death Certificate Online
If you want to apply online to get a death certificate, then you have to follow the following procedure.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of your state.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of Apply Now.
- After this, the application form will open in front of you.
- You have to enter all the important information asked in this application form such as your name, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- After that, you will have to upload all the important documents.
- Now you have to click on submit button.
- In this way, you will be able to apply online to get a death certificate.
Procedure for Applying Death Certificate Offline
- First of all, you have to go to the district office.
- Now you have to get the death registration form from there.
- After this, you will have to enter all the important information asked in this form.
- Now you have to attach all the important documents to the form.
- After this, you have to submit this form to the district office.
- In this way, you will be able to apply for the death certificate offline.
- Now you will be provided with a reference number.
- You have to keep this reference number carefully.
- Through this reference number, you can track the status of registration.
Official website of all states for getting death certificate
|Andhra Pradesh||click here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||click here|
|Madhya Pradesh||click here|
|Tamil Nadu||click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||click here|
|West Bengal||click here|
|Jammu and Kashmir||click here|
|Dadar and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu||click here|
|Andaman Nicobar Island||click here|